Aquaponic systems are recirculating aquaculture system that incorporate the production of plants without soil. Recirculating system are designed to raise large quantities of fish in relatively small volumes of water by treating the water to remove toxic waste products and then reusing it. Plants grow rapidly in response to dissolved nutrients that are excreted directly by fish or generated from microbial breakdown of fish wastes.
|Parameter||Fish - only||Aquaponic|
|Lettuce yield (kg/m2)||NA||5.77+/-0.19|
|NO3 accumulation (mg/l)||52.2+/-5.28||1.43+/-1.09|
|NO3 removal (%)||0||97|
1) Project Location: Kaili City, Guizhou Province, China
2) Implementation: Aug of 2019
3) Project Space Size: 44,580 m2
4) Fish Culturing Volume: 4800 m3 (3 units each with 1800 m3)
5) Fish Species: Chinese Perch/Black Bass/Yellow Catfish
6) Fish Culturing Biomass: 60 kg/m3
7) Hydroponic Size: 1296 m2
8) Vegetable Yield: 600 kg/day
◆ Well balanced aquaponic system designed for maximum project outputs.
◆ Applied hi-quality rotary drum filters prior to bio-filters.
◆ Applied hi-efficiency oxygenation systems for high fish biomass low FCR.